A ukulele player's look at jazz and popular songs of the early 20th Century

BY TIM HATCHER

BY TIM HATCHER

One of the joys of learning the ukulele is discovering the wonderful songs of long ago--the beautiful melodies and lyrics that deserve to be remembered and revived. Thankfully, vintage sheet music abounds on the internet, and so I've had a great time tracking down lots of the old songs, transcribing them to chord/lyric sheets--in a good key for my voice--and then learning them on the uke. If you would like to receive my chord/lyric sheet for any of the songs featured here, email me and I will be happy to share them.
(tims.email@yahoo.com)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Have a listen to Van and Schenk, a popular Vaudeville duo:

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Smiley Face and Uke

Today on a whim I created a uke-friendly smiley-face "favicon" to use as my display image on Yahoo IM. Feel free to download it and put it to use if you wish.

3 comments:

  1. would make a great t-shirt...

    at least in my way of thinking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea, Todd! I'm going to look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read this week a comment made by a high school student, I think, "If the Smiley Face played an instrument, it would be a ukulele." Maybe he saw this first! Love the graphic.

    ReplyDelete